Friday, September 25, 2015

Asheville Food











Hello again! So just the other night I went to The Mellow Mushroom in downtown Asheville and had the most amazing pizza. For anyone who has already had the experience you'll know the pizza as the Funky Q. This was a barbecue style chicken pizza and it was one of the best I've ever had. All of the flavors seemed to be enhanced and even the crust was worth waiting for. The base of the pizza was this honey wheat or whole grain dough that was so soft on the inside and had just enough thickness on the outside.

Aside from the pizza the atmosphere is all Asheville. From the multicolored human statue at the entrance to the random bowling balls placed in the masonry along the perimeter, it all says Asheville to me. Ever since I've moved to Asheville I've felt that there's never been a consistent theme. Everyone is free to express themselves however they like. Coming out of the military where everything is cookie cut to keep everyone in line, it's definitely a breath of fresh air to be around people that don't hold back. I really appreciate the open-mindedness of Asheville. It's really helped with my transition into civilian life. The Mellow Mushroom and the Funky Q pizza show me all of the aspects of Asheville in one place. I don't drink much now but I'm pretty sure I overheard that they have over 100 choices of beer! But I don't think you should take my word on it, go see for yourself what Asheville is all about at The Mellow Mushroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment